Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Changes

You know it is amazing. I haven't been here for a week and I have missed it. I got caught up on my friend's sites. That is always enjoyable. I don't think about them for a few days and then all the sudden I miss them. I have to log-in and see how everyone is doing.

Oh, the Old Dude is ok. He didn't have surgery after all. He had some more tests and now we are trying to get him to do a little more activity--ok a lot more activity. I told my brother the Old Fart needs a puppy. It will make him move around, go outside, go for walks, and get him interacting with people. I can't find anyone in the family to agree with me. Though I know Kim S. would. Bear rescued her when she rescued him.

We have talked more about moving again. The winter times here are tough. Much tougher than we want in our advancing years. That and we are just not in love with the area. He needs more mountains - for hiking, skiing, and just plain enjoying. I need some water. Somewhere I can kayak and canoe to enjoy the scenery and the time spent on the water. Oceans are great for kayaking - lake and streams work for canoeing. S0, we are looking at the coasts though probably not the West Coast again. We weren't happy there. I can't quite figure out why though. It just wasn't good for us. We have been much better here. Some of that may be maturity too. We is old! We decided to work on a plan over the next year. Where do we want to go? What do we want to do? By this time next year we will be ready to make a change in one direction or another. That part is exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment