Monday, July 12, 2010

The urge to say “F**K IT”

The urge to say “F**K IT” and give up on my challenge to myself week is very strong.
See my day went wonky – took a hard right turn and spun me around. I hate it when that happens! But, I told myself I can do this. And I am going to make every effort. ‘nuff said.

Exercise is much easier when I don’t have a full-time job thing.

I enjoy my workouts. As long as I can focus on my workout with a single-mindedness I am good. When I have to watch the clock and be prepared to leave to get ready for work, it is not nearly as fun. There was a time when I spent two hours a day at the gym. I showered there much more often than I ever did at home. I had good shape, toned muscles and minimal body fat. All because I was there 8-10 hours a week. I didn’t like to miss my workouts two days in a row. And now with the job thing I cant make it to the gym two days in a row. I don’t want to get up at 5:30 AM to go sweat. It takes me awhile to wake up. I don’t like the rushing around and the hurried feeling that comes with it.

I can get organized and have everything ready in the car for the morning. But, then there is the hair issue. What issue you say? Well, let me ‘splain it to you. Short curly hair. Can’t leave it wet to dry on its own. Much fuzziness and bizarro world curls sticking out every which way ensues. If I try to blow it dry…well it must be perfect the first try or I have to start over. In the past I didn’t much care. I didn’t have a job thing in a professional setting. But this has changed.

Working out in the evening doesn’t work well for me. My energy level is way down. I don’t have much enthusiasm for the workout and my mind wanders a lot. I don’t really concentrate on the tasks. I lose count on reps, I forget if I have done both sets so I do them again or not. My focus is missing.

So, the questions for me:
Do I suck it up and go in the early mornings?
What about the hair? I am not one of those women that likes to spend hours on the hair.
Can I make it work in the evening?
Any ideas?



PS Dang my siblings have ugly feet dont they? Mine aint no better.


No comments:

Post a Comment