Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I Don't Wanna

I know why I haven’t been here lately. I don’t feel like it.
I am taking the lazy days of summer to heart.

The innumerable things that need to be done – I just don’t feel like doing them.

There are carpets to clean, windows to wash, floors to scrub and more and more.
And I don’t wanna.

The ugly wallpaper in the laundry room is still half down. And the room is not painted.
And I don’t wanna.

“Stuff” that needs to be boxed up and carried into the garage is getting stacked up.
And I don’t wanna.

Bathtubs to clean and sinks to scour and toilets ugghhhhh
Yep I so don’t wanna.

Paint is waiting for the window wells in the kitchen – so Hubbing can re-hang the blinds.
And I don’t wanna.

And there is more paint waiting for the trim and the banister. And more paint waiting for the girl’s bedroom. And more paint waiting for the basement.
And I don’t wanna.

The ATTIC – yeah just everything up there.
And I don’t wanna.

I want to eat ice cream and peruse the blogosphere and enjoy.

My pants are getting a little tight cuz ……
Gym attendance in another “I don’t wanna”.

I want to float on a lake or a river – cool water, warm sun.

Yeppers that’s what I wanna do.

1 comment:

  1. I so could have written this because it's been my attitude lately too. I know it will be nice to have the painting and cleaning and workout done. It just feels nicer right this second to lay around and eat ice cream.

    ReplyDelete