Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Night Off

I have not failed my challenge for the week. I gave myself the night off last night. I had something important to do. And I did it.

I also gave myself tonight off as well. I was making good progress on one of my projects. Sewing two seams into some pillow covers I bought on clearance to make new curtains for the basement. Very easy – I have improvised in this way more than once. Except, the sewing machine took exception to working at such an hour. Yep used an entire spool of thread on one seam. So, I asked the sewing princess for assistance. Tried all her suggestions and nothing worked. I will try the curtains another time. Maybe miracle fixes do happen to electronic equipment….. Ehhh it could happen.

I did manage to get a few things done. And I feel good about those accomplishments. There is much more to do. I don’t know that I will be able to complete the basement or the laundry room this week. I forgot to take into account normal everyday activities and responsibilities. And hair appts. Yeah, had one of those yesterday. Almost forgot. Oops! We chatted, she cut and styled and waxed – ouch. And I paid – ouch again.
With the mundane and the necessary requiring my attention and my efforts – the extraordinary and extracurricular are neglected. Laundry and vacuuming before painting and sewing. More mundane tomorrow.

I did manage to play with a couple more photos from the OKC trip. I plan to take those to be printed. The Old Fart wanted a few of them to hang. I also want to hang a few of them. Probably not the same ones. I take the jump drive to a photo kiosk in one of the major discount retailers and pick and choose which ones I print. Works great for me and the photos print in a quality suitable for framing. I have my favorite abstract-type one sitting on my desk now. I’m the only person that likes it but the print is good. My camera and my computer are still not placing nice with each other. I plan to have Hubbing take a look at that when he gets back. Which needs to be soon. I am missing him most much.

Oh, and what was so important I had to skip a post yesterday? I had to say good-bye to an old friend.

Photo credit to: www.corneliamarie.com

Calm Seas and Good Weather Captain Phil. Gonna miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment