Sunday, July 11, 2010

Challenge Week

So, I have a challenge for myself this week.
The Hubbing is out of town – all week.
This is the first time I will be in this cavernous house alone for that amount of time.
CiCi is gone – her friends are gone – her cat is gone.
It is just me and the remaining furry people.

That means I have no excuses.
There is no one to cook for every day.
There is no one to cuddle with every evening.
There is no one to use as an excuse for not getting things done.

Therefore, I will make this a challenge week for me.

I am ruling out going to the gym everyday. It would be fun and exciting.
It also is not doable. The old dog cannot last that long without some outdoor relief.
As it is, one of the Hubbing’s friends and coworkers is coming in every afternoon to relieve the dog. So, that one is out. However, that does not mean I can’t go walking in the evening with the old dog. And do a few floor exercises each evening. So I will be opportunistic on that front.

I will write a minimum of one post every day for these 5 days. Yeppers, I will.
I have a few ideas to jot down to make that easier. Really, once I get started on a post it flows very well. It is the getting started that is the hard part.

I will finish one project around here this week. Either the laundry room or the basement will be completed by Friday. Both rooms are equally difficult for different reasons. It won’t make any difference at all which one gets done. If I stick with it I can do it.


I am gong to return to the job search thing. More on that later. Suffice it to say ewwwwwwwww…

I will get some loose ends tied up for me. Mailing a few things, printing some photos, figuring out why my camera is not speaking to my computer, are just a few of the everyday type things I have been ignoring.

I am going to start this process by ironing my work clothes tonight for the week. Yippee (note sarcasm here) ironing. My favorite. Well ok I don’t really like it but I really don’t like wrinkled clothes!

There will be much conversation this week. I have pictures to share (maybe) if my camera and computer will be friends again. Thoughts to sort and questions to ask.

Take a look at this one – GAHHHH!!



No comments:

Post a Comment