Sunday, May 23, 2010

So Life Changes

So, I've been avoiding this post for awhile now. If I don't write it - it won't be real...
Ya that never works. And it is very personal. And I don't want it to be happening.
And well yeah - just AND.

So, we moved CiCi yesterday. Very sad. She's gone. I know they grow up and leave home. I know!! But, are you ever ready for it? She was excited and then she was scared and then she was borderline hysterical and then I just wanted her to come back with me.

And she didn't. I was reassuring as a good mom should be... Ya let's put me up for MOM of the YEAR, not. I know she has to leave me and has to learn to be on her own. I know that! I know she needs to learn about adult decisions and adult consequences. I know as long as she lives under my roof I will take care of those things for her. And I know she won't learn anything. And so I helped her move out. I helped carry the bed down the stairs, out the door into the back of the truck. I loaded my truck and her car and we took off down the road. The very long three hour road thanks. And the cat in the carrier screaming in my ear the entire way. Yay me!

And I unloaded the big truck and the small truck and her car. And I held her while she cried. And I left her before she could see me cry. That simply would not do. I was the voice of reason,"You will be fine," "Just give it some time,""You have friends here, they are happy to have you closer now,""Your cousin will be here shortly living in the next room,""If it doesn't work out you can come home." Please God come home.

And I drove home alone. All Alone! And she called. And she cried. And she called again. And she was laughing! Someone stopped by to help her with her bed. Her room was put together now. New pretty pink sheets on the bed. The kitty was getting comfortable. Yeah, came out of her carrier by herself and was checking things out and folks were stopping by to say hi and meet the kitty! Oh and when would be better to start job hunting Sunday or Monday? Good to hear honey - very glad you are getting settled in. Start job hunting on Monday - no don't give the kitty a special treat just yet. Let her stomach calm down. I can almost hear out of my right ear. Yes that's a good thing. Yes she is a sweetie. Sure, sure we can talk later. Who's Mike? No I haven't met him yet. Sure, sure next time ... next time.

So sad. So very glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment