Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Blood Letting was minor

So, this is the first time in a week I have had the opportunity to catch my breath. OK, breathing is good. Now what? Well, there was that thing in the kitchen I need to fix….

See this….





Yup I did it. Somehow, last week while I was washing dishes. Looks like fun don’t it? Ya not so much. So, to preserve this….. I have to get the little one out of the big one without breaking the big one. It is very important you know.


Mr. Grumpy’s favorite coffee cup. Very Important!

I tried the steak knife down the side annnddd broke the tip off the knife. I tried hot and cold – I tried one hot and the other cold – nothing budged. I tried pouring vegetable oil down the insides. Still nuthin’… So, I decided today it was time to break out the big guns.



OK, so it’s just a power tool – but it is powered. Well, it’s powered when you remember to charge it…. I wasn’t the last one to use it so I cannot be held responsible. And it didn’t work.


Then came the BIG ONE!! And a much larger bit. And still nuthin’… Hmmfph

As a last resort – I dug up the old faithful hammer and thingie you pound with the hammer.



Nope don’t what it’s called and don’t care. Please don’t tell me cuz I won’t remember. Then you will think you’re having an aneurysm or something. Cuz I will have no idea what you are talking about and your head will try to explode. Or Something like that.





TA –DA!!!! SUCCESS! Check it out. A plain old hammer and poundie thingie broke through the super thick twenty year old little bowl. It’s at least twenty years old anyway. I can’t remember not having it. There was one terrifying moment when a loud “CRACK” resounded through the mud room, laundry room, fix-it room when it is too hot to be in the garage room. I panicked and stopped pounding for a minute. After thorough inspection I decided the cracking sound was the little cup. And prayed I was correct. I did not want to tell Mr. Grumpy I took a hammer to his favorite cup.

Dug the pieces out of the cup; washed it and it is ready for use. I hope I didn’t cause any real damage to the cup.

And the blood letting was minor.



All in all a successful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment