Sunday, September 13, 2009

People Got Lives

I have discovered through this journey over the last few weeks a few things I heretofore did not truly comprehend. Or to put it in plain language – people got lives – huh, who knew?

Yeah, like when I get up at the fairly decent hour of 8:30 or so – most everyone I know is at school or at work at their desks. Or amazingly already out in the field for the day. And me still in my jammies.

So, I grab my first coffee, do all the obligatory animal rituals and sit down to my connection to the outside world. And nobody’s there. Amazingly enough most of the ever increasing list of blogs I follow haven’t been updated since midnight either. Huh, go figure…It’s like folks got something to do or somewhere to go every day. Without me.
Here I am at home, reading and writing, in my jammies for hours on end. Friends and former coworkers are just going on about their business. Without me.

It is shocking to realize the world does not revolve around one unemployed person, me.
I don’t have the camaraderie of complaint anymore.

I don’t have to get up before the sun.

I don’t have any traffic to fight.

I don’t have an hour commute each way.

I don’t have to fret over what I am going to wear today. The jammie bottoms by daughter makes are quite comfortable for most any activity I care to engage in from my seat thanks.

The coffee always taste good.

The gas station location and price of gas really are not in the forefront of my thoughts now.

My phone is pretty well charged most of the time.

And payday is truly irrelevant.

So, yeah here’s me at my desk, in my jammies, posting to my blog, no worries, except wondering why the dog has gas...AGAIN!! I'm thinking I need more coffee. Hmmm-maybe I need decaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment