Thursday, April 15, 2010

Helpful

It would be so helpful if everyone else was keeping up their blogs. I am neglecting mine and yet so are my favorites. Which can only mean one thing - People got Lives - huh, again?

Last time this came as quite a shock to me. So, I was prepared this time. Truly not excited nor surprised. Kinda a little bored though.



We did make a trip to the large museum in the city today. That was great fun. Except for the 4700 school buses out front. That can only mean one thing...field trips! Aack, no, not those things. Didn't much like them when she was in school. I certainly am not interested in them now. Especially in a museum - a look-but-don't-touch kind of museum. There is no interactive displays in this one. It is very old school that way. Subdued lighting, no flash photography, keep your voices down, and don't touch any little thing - ever..... kind of place. Not exactly kid friendly. No dinosaurs - no planes - no fish - just old stuff. Beautiful, breathtaking, beyond exquisite art in sculpture, painting, furniture, dishes, curios, period cloth and so much more. But,no touching at all. And the museum gestapo appears around every corner in every exhibit hall to make certain you adhere to all rules. Dang people must not like their jobs. They never smile or speak to you. And I was even cleaned up today. Did my hair and everything for the occasion.

Ya well, we had a good time. Wandered around for a few hours. Trying to understand perspectives in art and in history. It is a trip I will make again. A very enjoyable outing. She had been before - multiple times actually. Amazing you know. The things she is teaching me now. I am proud. I am humbled.

I am worried. These moments are fleeting. A mere two months and she will move on. She will start her new life. The life without me in it every day.

What is a mother to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment