Monday, November 2, 2009

Laundry as Inspiration

I had all these ideas rolling around in my head – now they are illusive.
I can’t say gone – they always come back in some form.
The short science fiction story I wrote in my head at the laundry is still bouncing around taking up space.
I would put it on paper but I don’t really know where to start.
It was really good that day though.
And I don’t do science fiction.
Somehow or another I come up with amazing thoughts at the laundry.
Amazing to me anyway.
I don’t know why.
I don’t mind the laundry at all.
The hauling in and out of the house and the laundry is the part I mind.
The rest of it I’m good with.
Something about all that cleanliness and accomplishment seems to be inspirational.
Huh, go figure.
A chore most people despise and I find my muse.
Makes no sense.
Off to the laundry then
There are things waiting to be written.

No comments:

Post a Comment